Exclude one or more databases from a backup

Ramón Navas shared this idea 4 years ago
Under Consideration

Having the possibility of excluding one or more databases from a backup is important to avoid those that due to their characteristics we do not want to be performed.

Thank you

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Ramon,

Thank you for sharing your feature request with us :) We will be reviewing and provide you with updates accordingly.

Thank you,

JetApps Team

photo

Bumping because this functionality already exists in your Linux version, the same filtering capability needs to exist in DirectAdmin and cPanel for JetBackup 5.

There will be times where these users want to utilize JetBackup to backup cPanel or DirectAdmin databases, but only specific databases.

Forcing all databases to be included with no option of excluding seems shortsighted when you've already done the work for the non-panel version.

photo

+1 here. Quite surprising that JetBackup doesn't offer this option natively.

photo

+1 here too. In my application we are generating cache in additional database cPanelUserName_cache like that.

So I want to exclude database with the suffix "_cache".

photo

+1 Plus it would be nice to include/exclude by database size

photo

This is a very, very needed feature.

Let me explain why.

1. It is typical that there are databases that are temporary and in some cases they are very large. For example an eshop might easily have a production database of 20GB and there could be at least 2-3 copies of it which are only used for testing and development etc.

2. There are other cases where they have databases that contain not critical data (such as parts and product catalogs), which can even be 100GB+ in size. These are databases that are regularly imported from vendors and they are only used for reading.

We have cases where just a single server is wasting on a daily basis 200GB of uneeded backup space from databases that could otherwise be excluded.

3. Last but not least to keep in mind is that all new servers use mostly SSD's. It is a pitty to cause so much wear to the disk daily by writing GB's that could be avoided..

Leave a Comment

Attach a file