Ability for cpanel end-user to choose what they want backed up.

Jim Bob shared this idea 3 years ago
Completed

Please add the ability for cpanel user to exclude files/folders or emails or databases from their backup.

This request is because we want to be able to sell the backup as a service to our customers. However, we want to limit the size of the backups to a specific amount (depending on how much the customer pays). If we are able to do this, then it is necessary for the customer to be able to choose what they want included in the backup limit size they are paying for. So for example, the customer cpanel account could be 15gb, but the customer purchases 10gb of backup space. So we must give them the ability to choose what is included in the backup.)

For example, if the customer logs into their cpanel account and click the "JetBackup-->Settings" link... they can see only the ability to add a notification email address.

In that screen I would like the ability for the cpanel user to specify what they want to be included in their backup. (Default would be "everything" (as specified by the admin for the backup job) like how it currently works.)

So in this way, the admin could enable/disable the customer to choose what they want to include in their backups.

I hope that makes sense?

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Jim,

Thank you for your request for this feature and support for JetBackup!

I'd just like to share that this feature has been implemented on our new JetBackup core, JetBackup 5 which is now available on EDGE for trial! With this new core, users, as well as admins, can now specify their own paths to exclude from their backups.

This new core will serve as the underlying foundation for all our upcoming major JetBackup updates and releases across multiple platforms, including JetBackup for DirectAdmin and JetBackup for cPanel with other platforms planned.

If you are interested to test this feature out in Jetbackup 5 for DirectAdmin, please consider getting a free trial here: https://billing.jetapps.com/cart.php?gid=7

Please follow this feature request as well as our social media channels for the latest announcements and updates. Also, feel free to leave any and all feedback as we highly appreciate it. Thank you for your patience and continued support of JetBackup!

Highest Regards,

Richard, JetApps Team.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file