JetBackup 5 google drive destination

Luis Vesga shared this idea 3 years ago
Completed - Needs feedback

It would also help me a lot if they could enable in the next update to be able to configure Google Drive as a destination for automatic backups.

Please!! please!!

Thanks!!

Best Answer
photo

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your continued patience! With the release of JetBackup v5.3.0 to the ALPHA Tier, we are excited to announce that we have added Google Drive Support on JetBackup 5! This JetBackup 5 update includes our new Google Drive Destination Plugin (EXPERIMENTAL) which utilizes our new and improved Backup and Indexing Engine that we are introducing in v5.3.0!

Please note that the use of our Google Drive Destination Plugin is still considered experimental as we continue to push updates to increase its stability, efficiency, and versatility.

Below is an image of the Create New Destination screen with the new Google Drive Destination Support:

87c762d22b93db1ca6ee8d98aa35a1d7

We thank you for your patience and are eager to hear your feedback regarding this new feature!

Best Regards,
JetApps Team

Replies (20)

photo

Hello Luis,

Thank you for leaving your feedback and opening a feature request. We will be reviewing your request and provide updates accordingly. Please note that we utilize the voting system to gauge demand for new features. The more votes a request has, the more likely it will be up for consideration by our developers.

I would like to point out that we are currently considering adding other Google Cloud Storage options as a backup destination for JetBackup 5. You can follow updates for that here: https://request.jetapps.com/topic/support-for-google-cloud-storage-destination.

Thank you,

Richard, JetApps Team

photo

That has ZERO relation to google drive. Google drive ≠ Google cloud storage.

photo
photo

Its a great idea. Please consider it and do this as soon as possible.

photo

I already contacted jet backup team, multiple teams regarding the same but not implemented yet

photo

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your continued interest in Google Drive Support for JetBackup 5. As you may be aware, we recently added support for the Google Cloud Storage using our S3 Compatible Plugin v1.0.19. This plugin version is available to users with JetBackup v5.1.12+. Please note that the S3 Compatible Plugin uses our brand new Indexing Engine which is to be the basis for all future Destination Plugins. The indexing engine is still currently experimental as we are continually pushing updates to increase its stability, efficiency, and versatility. Once the indexing engine is STABLE, our developers can begin the process of adding new Destination Plugins to JetBackup 5.

Thank you for your continued patience and support of our product. Be sure to stay up to date with our Changelog and Release Notes as well for updates regarding this feature.

Best Regards,

Richard, JetApps Team

photo

Thank you for your comment.

I know that its easy for me to ask but at development end it will take time and require lot of security plugins. But please launch it as soon as possible to make jetbackup more versatile and efficient.

photo

It's welcomed, but it's not Google Drive.

On RHEL 8 we cannot use Jetbackup 4, for now a lot more complete and versatile, so at least we need Google Drive here please :)

photo

We need Google drive as soon as yesterday.

photo
photo

Don't ask to do something good... Just do it... 👍

photo

I also want Google Drive destination, many business have unlimited storage space here and it's very useful :)

Thanks

photo

100%! Please. we need this.

photo

We really need google drive back!

a lot of business have unlimited google drive and with encryption it can be great solution!

photo

We also need " google drive"!! not, I did not mean Google Cloud Storage.

Google drive 's performance might be not enough for large server with lots of files but it is handy do small VPS and dedicated servers

photo

Please add google drive as fast as possible. We need this. Thanks.

photo

We are very excited for this feature to be released.

I'm having to use Jetbackup 4 and 5 at the same time, to be able to meet this need

photo

I also need G drive, super useful when your company already has unlimited storage,

photo

Bump,

Google cloud very high price. Please provide google drive again for JB5.

photo

I have a workspace google account and all backups there to share with clients

Please add support as it is important

photo

Yes, I'm trying not to behave like an angry sys admin and rage out right now haha, but jetback 5 seems like an overall downgrade... I'm extremely confused why several features are removed, nothing I have come across added is a wow factor, then I find out it doesn't support THE SAME destinations as 4, and specifically GOOGLEDRIVE?!Absolutely unacceptable folks. If I don't here back from someone here next day or two, I'll be calling in.... I have everything setup for GDrive as I"m paying for the storage THERE, as well as you can make them easy accessible to internal and external users.... INSANITY that this is not setup out of the box for launch imho.... Unless, of course, there's some crazy s**t I am just ignorant to, this is ridiculous.

Thank for the on par project, that was super easy to install with cpanel, so I didn't have to spend time finding a more functional backup solution. However, I am currently wondering why I pay and use jetbackup 5 after familiarizing myself it, as I have been forced to upgrade several things on the web server recently.

Update: Why?

Run Backup job in CloudLinux LVE NOT supported in Jetbackup 5

Why remove this feature? Not only is it a pretty important piece to just have backed up, you know because the tool purchased for backup made it so darn convenient Why not have the CLLVE settings backed up? Maybe I'm ignorant to how UNIMPORTANT the settings are, or unaware of other alternative backup solutions I already have and have paid for also? Could someone please inform me of the logic behind not making sure this was included out-of-box too? And never? Weird....

Thank you for your time,

Scott

photo

Hello Scott,

Thank you for sharing your honest feedback with us regarding your need for Google Drive support in JetBackup 5. Please note that the new backup and indexing engine is still under the EXPERIMENTAL Tier as we continue to improve its stability, efficiency, and versatility. Once it reaches the STABLE Tier, our developers will continue to implement more Destination Plugins with this new engine based on feedback and demand(votes). Just to update, the next major milestone currently in progress in our development roadmap is upgrading JetBackup 5 to PHP 8.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to provide a bit of insight on our approach to developing JetBackup 5 and all future offerings. We switched our approach from a platform-oriented to a platform-agnostic approach which allows us to significantly reduce our development, support, and maintenance overhead as well as help streamline the implementation of new and highly requested features and functionality in JetBackup. This led to the introduction of our new backup and indexing engine which is currently utilized in S3 Compatible Destinations.

We strategically chose to introduce this on S3 Compatible Destinations since the S3 API is being widely supported and adopted across multiple storage providers/vendors (including Google Cloud Storage) and this helps us continue to improve the performance and stability of our new backup and indexing engine towards a STABLE release by exposing it to as many S3 compatible storage providers/vendors as possible.

As to briefly address CloudLinux LVE support in JetBackup 5 and keep this feature request on topic, please note that JetBackup 5 now utilizes cgroups which allows you to limit the same CPU and IO load resources for JetBackup 5 processes at the Linux kernel level, providing resource management features for all supported flavors of Linux, compared to a wrapper like CloudLinux LVE which support is limited to CloudLinux OS Installations.

We greatly value everyone's feedback as we take these into consideration and continue to regularly reassess our development roadmap and overall direction based on the feedback and demand we gather from the community. Thank you again everyone for continuing to provide us with your honest and valuable feedback as we strive to deliver a product that reflects the community's needs.

Best Regards,

JetApps Team.

photo

I'm sorry but the "experimental" status doesn't make sense. First of all, JB5 it's promoted everywhere, something a bit unusual for an experimental or alpha or beta product.

In the other hand, CentOS 7 it's near EOL, everyone it's mounting the new servers with AlmaLinux 8, CLN8 or some RHEL 8 distro, and you only support JB5 in this OS, no JB4 on RHEL 8 variants. So experimental... doesn't make sense.

Last, but not less important, if the users asks for Google Drive, please, stop replying with "Google Cloud Storage" because it's not even close.

I switched on many machines to JetBackup 4 because was easy, powerful and convenient, with Google Drive. If JB5 continues some times without Drive support, it's not convenient for us any more...

photo

Hello Carlos,

Just to clarify, JetBackup 5 itself is already available on the STABLE Tier along with Local and SSH destinations, but the new Backup and Indexing Engine, currently utilized in S3 Compatible Destinations, is still under the EXPERIMENTAL Tier as we continue its development. Once our new engine is promoted to STABLE, our team will then utilize this to implement new destinations moving forward.

Please rest assured that we are committed to delivering a product that reflects the community's needs and exceeds the performance, reliability, and convenience that our community has come to expect from our previous releases as we continue to add new and highly-requested features and provide the most up-to-date and feature-rich backup solution.

As always, we greatly appreciate everyone's continued interest and support of JetBackup 5's development.

Thank You,

JetApps Team

photo

100% agree with @carlos. Absolute insanity that EVERY core feature is not available in 5, specifically GDrive integration. It's almost like NOT ONE person working at jetback thought to check user feature usage to easily determine features that would likely be a MUST, right? I can only imagine how many thousands of accounts are using their GWorkplace account for GDrive backup, since they're already paying for large amount of storage, and Google integration system is pretty secure and solid...

Also absolutely insanity that CS is trying to gaslight us with experimental Shoot, 4 is still experimental with basic barely explained documentation. For example, I have 4 complaining about no destination setup with jb config backup, BUT IT IS, so I search for assistance. Plain google search pulls up jetapps doc, so of course that seems like a good one! And it says nothing about where to enable.... Insanity. So then I search ON THIS PAGE, and there's absolutely nothing in results for jb config... ..🤦

Went with jb bkup because it's pimped in cpanel, and supposed to be integrate nice and easy, but every single time I've tried to use restore over 5 years it's useless. Before I burn time finding a better replacemenet, I do plan to demand a phone consultation to help me understand why in lord's name I don't seem to comprhend how to use this thing after 5 years of trying. Then perhaps we can also discuss why on lord's name I had to do a bunch of flippin installation and config to setup 5 along side 4 and it wasn't a WELL THOUGHT out convertion system to simply migrate all my *#$* from 4 to 5. INSANITY and several hrs burnt for nothing.

#end_rant

Thank you so much for the time, and the hard work. But the more I delve into jetapps, I keep asking myself where the polished 20% of the hard work is... Love to find it!

photo

Hello Scott,

Thank you for taking the time to continue providing us with your feedback. As mentioned in our previous response, the new Backup and Indexing Engine is still under the EXPERIMENTAL Tier as we continue development to improve its performance and stability. Once our new engine is promoted to STABLE, our developers can begin the process of adding new Destination Plugins to JetBackup 5.

Also absolutely insanity that CS is trying to gaslight us with experimental Shoot, 4 is still experimental with basic barely explained documentation. For example, I have 4 complaining about no destination setup with jb config backup, BUT IT IS, so I search for assistance. Plain google search pulls up jetapps doc, so of course that seems like a good one! And it says nothing about where to enable.... Insanity. So then I search ON THIS PAGE, and there's absolutely nothing in results for jb config...
Since you already have JB Config Backups enabled on one of your destinations, you may need to acknowledge the alert in JetBackup 4 in order to tell JetBackup to stop sending further notifications of your JB Config Alerts. I do also like to add that we have updated our alert system in JetBackup 5 so you no longer need to acknowledge alerts.

If you find any information on our documentation unclear, I highly encourage you to reach out to our 24/7/365 Support Team at support@jetapps.com for any assistance you may need with using JetBackup!

Went with jb bkup because it's pimped in cpanel, and supposed to be integrate nice and easy, but every single time I've tried to use restore over 5 years it's useless. Before I burn time finding a better replacemenet, I do plan to demand a phone consultation to help me understand why in lord's name I don't seem to comprhend how to use this thing after 5 years of trying. Then perhaps we can also discuss why on lord's name I had to do a bunch of flippin installation and config to setup 5 along side 4 and it wasn't a WELL THOUGHT out convertion system to simply migrate all my *#$* from 4 to 5. INSANITY and several hrs burnt for nothing.
As mentioned in our JetBackup 5 upgrade guide, JetBackup 5 utilizes a new JetBackup Core and introduces our own Backup Structure and Engine, rendering backups generated in JetBackup 4 to be INCOMPATIBLE with JetBackup 5. I would also like to take this opportunity to share with you some insight into our consideration for developing our new backup structure and engine.

As our team continues to implement new and highly-requested features and functionality in JetBackup and expand support for more panels and platforms, we found that JetBackup 4's panel-specific implementation wasn't suitable for supporting additional control panels without essentially starting from scratch because it was very reliant on panel-specific tools and integrations. With this in mind, we opted to switch our approach in developing JetBackup 5 from a platform-oriented to a universal/platform-agnostic approach.

Central to our mission is to:

• Allow incremental backups for all future and upcoming destinations using a “service-based” approach.
  • Keep the backup structure for any OS and panel the same - so we can backup/restore from/to any supported OS/panel.
  • Adding expansion mechanism (plugins)

This translate directly to:

• Flexibility in supporting multiple panels and operating systems, and being platform-agnostic

JetBackup 5 for Interworx and JetBackup 5 for Plesk are already in active development and continue to be highly requested by the JetBackup community.

• More granular control over backups and restores.
  • Ability to restore your account across multiple platforms and control panels.
  • Better backup performance and efficiency improvements.
  • Reduce our development, maintenance, and support overhead

To achieve these optimizations, our development team introduced a new core, backup engine, and structure/format that allows JetBackup to be less dependent of 3rd party platforms, significantly reducing our support and development overhead by streamlining our overall development process and accelerating the delivery of highly-requested features and improvements in JetBackup.

As a result, we will no longer be using the backup engine/structure provided by 3rd party control panels. This also improves JetBackup's core functionality to be much faster, reliable, secure, and agile and our internal benchmarks show significant improvement in backup and restore times, I/O usage, and space allocated on the destination.

We would love to arrange a phone call with you to hear out your feedback and concerns as we seek to address them accordingly. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email at sales@jetapps.com or you can always give us a call during business hours with our contact information here: http://www.jetapps.com/#contact. We look forward to continuing our dialogue.

Best Regards,

The JetApps Team.

photo

Kindly add google drive in jetbackup 5

Thanks

Abdul Mannan

photo

Very dissapointed that google drive is not implemented. I am going to cancel my jetbackup license and will be going back to cpanels default backup configuration which still supports google drive. I would go back to jetbackup 4, however, it is not supported under Cloudlinux 8.

Jetbackup 5 might use a better core that utilizes a new backup engine and structure, but when you get CUSTOMER feedback this bad, you should probably consider it. I'd rather have a slow backup with less granular control than one where I have to dish out extra money for a brand new storage provider. All I care about is the reliability and destination control. Speed does not matter, restore time does not matter, server usage does not matter, as long as there is a backup, that is all I care about regardless of the above issues.

photo

I aggre, we will use default cpanel backup as they support many backup storage model. Jetbackup not serius for adding google drive. This has been more than 1 year not yet have any eta for dev process.

photo
photo

Hello Everyone,

We'd like to take this opportunity to provide an update regarding Google Drive support on our development roadmap, we recently pushed v5.2.9 to the EDGE Tier hitting significant milestones related to this feature. This includes promoting the S3 Compatible Destination from Experimental to Stable and adding FTP Destination Support (Experimental).

Now that we've reached these milestones, we have now started allocating development resources toward implementing Google Drive Support and have set an ETA for this feature in Q1 2023!

Our development team is working hard to meet the needs of the JetBackup community and we'd like to thank everyone for your continued support and interest regarding Google Drive support in JetBackup 5.

Best Regards,
JetApps Team.

photo

Wow need 2 year just build gdrive destination. Hmm like building datacenter need time up to 2 year haha.

photo

And it will be wonky 🤦‍♂ 😂

photo
photo

Please add google drive as fast as possible. We need this. Thanks.

photo

Hello Ismael,

We appreciate your feedback and continued support for JetBackup!

As we come closer to the release of JetBackup v5.3, our next destination milestone for JetBackup 5 is Google Drive. We are anticipating the release of Google Drive for JetBackup 5 to come sometime in Q1 2023.

Thank you,

The JetApps Team.

photo

Hi,

Will this be available this month in the Stable version?

photo

Please mention to me when it will be available in the Stable tier!

photo
photo

Will JetBackup 5 google "drive" backup have "incremental" backup function?

photo

Hello Notice User,

Thank you for your interest in JetBackup! We are pleased to announce that the Google Drive destination plugin for JetBackup v5.3 will feature support for incremental backups. This new destination plugin is expected to be released in the first quarter of 2023.

Thank you,

The JetApps Team

photo

Great news! thanks :)

photo
photo

I am only waiting this features Gdrive destination. No other feature.

photo

Hello Mario hendea,

We are grateful for your ongoing support for JetBackup. We are pleased to announce that the upcoming release of JetBackup 5.3.0 will feature support for Google Drive! This new release is expected to be available in the first quarter of 2023.

Thank you,

The JetApps Team

photo

How about Q3 2023 now?

photo

yes we are in the middle of march and we are waiting for 5.3 ?

photo

March month is about to end, and April is coming!

photo

This is a lost cause... asking these guys about any of these plugin developments. They are clearly not interested in putting any focus on this any time soon.

photo

Today is April 1st and still no update.

photo

Hello,

We wanted to take the time to say thank you all for your enthusiasm for Google Drive in JetBackup 5. In order to provide the best experience for our customers, we wanted to ensure that we were releasing a stable and comprehensive plugin to accommodate our latest update to JetBackup. JetBackup 5.3.0 is one of our largest releases ever, featuring more features and fixes than any other JetBackup 5 release to date, and as such, we needed to devote extra time to development and testing to ensure its quality.

We take great pride in providing our clients with a secure and cutting-edge backup product, and we appreciate your enthusiasm for JetBackup 5.3.0. Our changelog provides a detailed list of the hundreds of new features, bug fixes, and changes across all supported control panels, which we encourage you to review.

https://changelog.jetbackup.com/jetbackup/5/base/

Once again we want to thank you all for your enthusiasm for JetBackup!

Best Regards,

The JetApps Team

photo
photo

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your continued patience! With the release of JetBackup v5.3.0 to the ALPHA Tier, we are excited to announce that we have added Google Drive Support on JetBackup 5! This JetBackup 5 update includes our new Google Drive Destination Plugin (EXPERIMENTAL) which utilizes our new and improved Backup and Indexing Engine that we are introducing in v5.3.0!

Please note that the use of our Google Drive Destination Plugin is still considered experimental as we continue to push updates to increase its stability, efficiency, and versatility.

Below is an image of the Create New Destination screen with the new Google Drive Destination Support:

87c762d22b93db1ca6ee8d98aa35a1d7

We thank you for your patience and are eager to hear your feedback regarding this new feature!

Best Regards,
JetApps Team

photo

Great news! thanks :)

Leave a Comment

Attach a file