JB5 Missing Job Monitor Feature

Paul Nesbitt shared this idea 3 years ago
Completed

The job monitor feature to alert you if a job has been running too long is missing in JB5

This means jobs that hang just hang there is no method of an alert to set like JB4 where you could set a backup job to alert you after a job has ran for x hours.

So as an example a backup job that takes normally 2 hours you could set it to alert you at 4 hours if it was still running.

This is definitely a needed feature and is sorely missing at the moment.

Best Answer
photo

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your continued patience!

We are excited to announce the Job Monitor feature is now available on JetBackup 5 versions 5.1.13+! You may configure the Job Monitor within the Manage Backup Job Page. The Backup Job monitor is a feature that will allow JetBackup 5 to send alerts to your configured Notification Integrations for each of the following conditions:

• Notify me if there were no backups for X Days
  • Notify me if backup runs more than X Days

The Job Monitor will mark these generated Alerts with the Warning Level.

If you have any questions regarding this feature, please reach out to our support team at support@jetapps.com or open a post on our forums at https://forum.jetbackup.com/.

Thank you,

The JetApps Team

Replies (5)

photo

Hello Paul,

Thank you for leaving your feedback and opening a feature request. The JetBackup Job Monitor was a feature our developers planned on porting into JetBackup 5. You can find this and other JetBackup 4 features that are "planned" to be ported into JetBackup 5 here: https://www.jetbackup.com/jetbackup-4-vs-jetbackup-5/.

Thank you for your continued support and interest in Jetbackup 5's development. We will update this request when this feature is available.

Best Regards,

The JetApps Team

photo

Hello.

We're running Jetbackup 5. The backup job was stucked over 5 days without any warning alert, caused lost a lot of backups. Please give the higher priority on this most-important feature.

Thank you.

photo

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your continued interest in this feature and support for JetBackup!

I am pleased to announce that development for the Job Monitor is now in progress for JetBackup 5 and planned to be released on the EDGE tier within the next 3 - 6 weeks for version 5.1.13.

We'd like to thank you again for your continued support of our products and please stay tuned for updates regarding the next major JetBackup releases!

Highest Regards,

Richard, JetApps Team.

photo

Any updates on this?

photo

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your continued patience!

We are excited to announce the Job Monitor feature is now available on JetBackup 5 versions 5.1.13+! You may configure the Job Monitor within the Manage Backup Job Page. The Backup Job monitor is a feature that will allow JetBackup 5 to send alerts to your configured Notification Integrations for each of the following conditions:

• Notify me if there were no backups for X Days
  • Notify me if backup runs more than X Days

The Job Monitor will mark these generated Alerts with the Warning Level.

If you have any questions regarding this feature, please reach out to our support team at support@jetapps.com or open a post on our forums at https://forum.jetbackup.com/.

Thank you,

The JetApps Team

Leave a Comment

Attach a file