JB5: cPanel generated backups destination

Abdelkhalek shared this idea 3 years ago
Under Consideration

At JB4 there was ability to add "cPanel generated backups" as a destination, we would like this feature also to be added to JB5

Replies (6)

photo

Hello Abdelkhalek,

Thank you for opening your feature request. We will be reviewing your request and provide updates accordingly. Please note that we utilize the voting system to gauge demand for new features. The more votes a request has, the more likely it will be up for consideration by our developers.

Thank you,

Richard, JetApps Team

photo

@JetApps Requests

Hello,

Is there any possibility to implement this feature request?

photo

The new backup structure poses considerable challenges for cPanel-only servers. Prior to this substantial overhaul, it was possible to create cPanel backups from the old backup folders seamlessly because the directory structure mirrored the one used by cPanel's native backup function. It would be highly beneficial to reinstate the previous structure, particularly for cPanel servers. This is especially relevant when considering that all JB5 backups are still initially created in the conventional cPanel backup format before undergoing transformation into the new JB5 structure. Thanks.

photo

I have opened some time ago a ticket to Jetbackup team for the same request. And they tried to convince me how good is the new backup strategy of Jetbackup.

Nothing about providing again the ability to use the integrated cPanel feature for backups.

Considering their behavior (their answer inside the ticket and that no one from them has responded to this request 2 years ago) , i don't believe that they will implement this request.

Unfortunately i will seriously consider of removing Jetbackup from our cPanel servers, as i am upgrading them to Cloudlinux 8, since they don't even provide us with the ability to install Jetbackup 4 at Cloudlinux 8 or Almalinux 8...

photo

JB5 is unusable for Cpanel users, I don't know why it was removed in the first place. cannot continue with the software since migrating from CentOS to Almalinux.

photo

Did you find any good alternative with cPanel integration?

photo
photo

Hello Everyone,

We greatly appreciate your continued interest and support in JetBackup. JetBackup 5 provides many improvements over JetBackup 4 such as access to S3 destinations, plugins, and a new backup core that will allow backups to be generated much quicker. Additionally, JetBackup 5 is compatible with AlmaLinux 8 and with our latest Stable Candidate Version 5.3 EDGE AlmaLinux 9 is also supported. These are only a few changes included in JetBackup 5, and so we encourage you to give it a try.

Please keep in mind that the number of votes helps us gauge the demand of the feature and increase how likely our developers will consider it.

Thank you,

The JetApps Team

Leave a Comment

Attach a file