Add Dropbox as destination to JetBackup v5

Joe shared this idea 3 years ago
Completed - Needs feedback

Hello

Could you please consider adding Dropbox as a destination option to JetBackup v5 the same as exists in v4?

Thanks.

Best Answer
photo

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your continued patience! With the release of JetBackup v5.3.3 to the ALPHA Tier, we are excited to announce that we have added Dropbox Support on JetBackup 5! This JetBackup 5 update includes our new Dropbox Destination Plugin (EXPERIMENTAL) which utilizes our new and improved Backup and Indexing Engine that we are introducing in v5.3.0!

Please note that the use of our Dropbox Destination Plugin is still considered experimental as we continue to push updates to increase its stability, efficiency, and versatility.

Below is an image of the Create New Destination screen with the new Dropbox Destination Support:

abdc54017ed34fc72f9e38c6d502eb2d

We thank you for your patience and are eager to hear your feedback regarding this new feature!

Best Regards,

JetApps Team

Replies (9)

photo

Hello Joe,

Thank you for leaving your feedback and opening a feature request. We will be reviewing your request and provide updates accordingly. Please note that we utilize the voting system to gauge demand for new features. The more votes a request has, the more likely it will be up for consideration by our developers.

Thank you,

The JetApps Team

photo

I am adding a vote to this as well - it was quite a handy feature in v4, and the only reason why I gotta keep v4 alongside with v5 now, so I can keep running those remote Dropbox backups.

photo

This is an essential feature that should have been seen a long time ago

photo

hello i vote for this in v5. i try to install v4 just so i can use dropbox destination but had so many issues, can you please add this feature?

photo

I just don't understand how you had a perfectly working plugin/integration for Dropbox in v4, and now in v5 it takes 2 years to even consider developing this... it's not like you have to build it from scratch, as you have a working v4 version already. Just port it over to support the new v5 code. Should take you a day at most, not a year or two.

photo

Hello Miso,

Thank you for your continued interest in this feature and support for JetBackup!

As you may know, JetBackup 5 was built from the ground up with a brand new engine. This means that adding all of the destinations that were in JetBackup 4 is not a trivial task.

Right now our development team is working full time on our next major realease, JetBackup v5.3. Once this is released our team will continue with our roadmap, and we anticipate that Google Drive support for JetBackup 5 will be coming in Q1 2023.

We'd like to thank you again for your continued support of our products and please stay tuned for updates regarding the next major JetBackup releases!

Thank you,

The JetApps Team.

photo

While I appreciate an actual response, still, your reference to Google Drive (instead of Dropbox that we're talking about here) shows that you guys are just using templated responses to these feature requests instead of actually responding to them on an individual basis.

So, 2 years later, we still don't have the Dropbox plugin/backup option that we had in v4.

And I don't know what sort of excuse you might have, like this not being a "trivial task", in 2 years time you could've built the damn thing regardless of whatever the obstacles you might have had.

Let's be honest - if your developers were actually any good, they would've been able to build this AND test it out thoroughly within a couple of weeks.

But, not having done it 2 years later and you having all kinds of excuses for why not tells us more about YOU and your development team and expectations we should have of you than anything else...

photo

Another month gone, another big NOTHING delivered by your development team... if you even have one at this point.

By the time you actually put together a Dropbox plugin (even though you have a full blown plugin for previous version from which you could reuse most of the code easily) this whole software will be obsolete and we won't even need it anymore.

photo

Hello Miso,

Thank you for you continued excitement for the Dropbox destination plugin in JetBackup 5! JetBackup 5 was built from the ground up using a platform agnostic approach, and as such, all of the destinations previously supported in JetBackup 4 must be rebuilt as well. This also means that significant testing is essential to ensure that this new destination plugin reliably works on a wide variety of different control panels and operating systems. However, we are happy to announce that the Dropbox destination plugin is currently undergoing active development and QA! We share your enthusiasm for Dropbox for JetBackup 5, and we can't wait to deliver this reliable, secure destination plugin to you soon!

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback!

Best Regards,

The JetApps Team

photo

Also patiently waiting for dropbox integration.. hopefully it arrives soon!

photo

yes, we definitely need Dropbox destination added. Is there a way to revert back to 4 while you build it as it's a necessity to our business.

Thanks

photo

para cuando?

photo
photo

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your continued patience! With the release of JetBackup v5.3.3 to the ALPHA Tier, we are excited to announce that we have added Dropbox Support on JetBackup 5! This JetBackup 5 update includes our new Dropbox Destination Plugin (EXPERIMENTAL) which utilizes our new and improved Backup and Indexing Engine that we are introducing in v5.3.0!

Please note that the use of our Dropbox Destination Plugin is still considered experimental as we continue to push updates to increase its stability, efficiency, and versatility.

Below is an image of the Create New Destination screen with the new Dropbox Destination Support:

abdc54017ed34fc72f9e38c6d502eb2d

We thank you for your patience and are eager to hear your feedback regarding this new feature!

Best Regards,

JetApps Team

photo

When do we get that available in our installations?

I still don't see it available in Plugins section...

photo

When are you planning to release this and make it available to STABLE tier?

photo

Hello Miso,

We are excited to announce that we will be promoting JetBackup 5.3.3 to our EDGE tier in the first week of September (next week)! JetBackup 5.3.3 is our current STABLE candidate, and we are currently projecting that this version will be released to our STABLE tier by the end of Q4 2023. If you would like to get access to the Dropbox destination plugin sooner, you may consider upgrading to our EDGE tier to receive access by as early as next week!

We appreciate your continued support for JetBackup!

Best Regards,

The JetApps Team

photo
photo

Hello,

Is it possible to use dropbox as EXPERIMENTAL ?

Leave a Comment

Attach a file