Ability to create a Predefined Permission package

Sohail Ahmed shared this idea 3 years ago
Under Consideration

I am offering JetBackup along with my Reseller Hosting plans where If they purchase the JetBackup addon, they can Access JetBackup plugin in their WHM to restore their cpanels Backup data.

Every time a customer purchases the JetBackup addon, I manually have to go and select the user on the JetBackup permission page and specify few permissions to enable their access to the JetBackup plugin in WHM.

There should be a way where we can define an ACL List-like setting for assigning permissions for a specific user instantly by just selecting the ACL package.

Thank you

Replies (3)

photo

Similarly, using the jetbackup whmcs plugin, we should be able to activate the created ACL automatically for the cPanel user when they purchase the JetBackup addon.

photo

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback, and for opening up a feature request!

I would like to note that JetBackup 4 and JetBackup 5 have the JETAPI which could quickly set User-Specific Permissions through a single command. You can find more information on these API Calls here:

JetBackup 4 JETAPI: https://docs.jetbackup.com/manual/whm-api/Permissions/managePermissions.html

JetBackup 5 JETAPI: https://docs.jetbackup.com/v5.1/api/Permissions/permissions.html

Like our BETTER SAFE THEN SORRY blog post, these API calls can be attached to a WHM/cPanel hook to be executed when a user is created/changes packages, etc.

With that said, we will review your request and provide updates accordingly. Please note that we use the voting system to gauge demand for additional features. The more votes a request has, the more likely it will be up for consideration by our developers.

Best Regards,

Richard. JetApps Team

photo

in general we have few k users lets say 4k and if API takes at least 1s to update user it would take 1h and 6 minutes to update all which is way too long even if it takes half a second it takes too long so grouping made sense I mean:

permissions for whm - lets say for reseller users who has access

permissions for cpanel - general permissions for all users

permissions per user - if need something custom that does not fit permissions for cpanel

so it was better approach in v4 than it is now in v5

Leave a Comment

Attach a file