Logging the targeted restore date

Ahmad Dakhlallah shared this idea 3 years ago
Completed

Hello,

It would be nice to log to which date the restore was executed. This would be useful in case the restore failed or was partially completed or in case the user wanted to make sure they restored to the correct date.

For example, as a webmaster, I need to know which restore point the user choose so I can fix the issues in case of partially completed restore without contacting the user. This will save me and the user a lot of time that we usually can't afford to waste waiting for response.

Other usage would be to make sure the user actually restored the correct restore point in case they felt they've made a mistake or picked the wrong date.

Thank you!

Best Answer
photo

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your continued patience!

We are excited to announce the release of JetBackup v5.2.0 on the EDGE Tier! This release includes more detailed logging information for Restore Processes. Like our Download Logs, the Restore Log will now include information about each Backup Item that was selected to restore. This will make it easier to find which snap date users selected when performing restores.

20c0a4dd8ce4434bebca9cef273f807b

If you have any questions regarding this feature, please reach out to our support team at support@jetapps.com or open a post on our forums at https://forum.jetbackup.com/.

Thank you,

The JetApps Team

Replies (2)

photo

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback, and for opening up a feature request! I would like to note that JetBackup 5 Restore Logs are able to show which snap was selected for a restore when Debug Mode is enabled during the restore. An example output in the logs would be the following:

[03/Aug/2021 04:41:14 +0000] [PID 1561] [DEBUG] [Download] Downloading item config from jetbackup_1_1_6102d83061e6f20f100ad412/acct0003_6102c6ef0baacf075459d725/snap.1/jetbackup.configs/config/acct0003.conf to /usr/local/jetapps/usr/jetbackup5/workspace/restore/6108c8ea5fc4813880389bfb/jetbackup.configs/config/acct0003.conf
With that said, we will review your request and provide updates accordingly. Please note that we use the voting system to gauge demand for additional features. The more votes a request has, the more likely it will be up for consideration by our developers. 

Best Regards,

Richard. JetApps Team

photo

Hello Richard!

While accessing this kind of information is possible using the way you've just described, my request is aiming for a much simpler and easy way to get the information in a human readable way.

My request is to simply translate all that into a simple "dd/mm/yyyy" output into the log to easily and rapidly recognise the date instead of investigating it.

I'm aware of the upvote system and I hope this would end up into the code sooner than later.

Thank you!

photo

Hello Ahmad,

Our developers have reviewed this request and found that we already display the snap dates in the log for Download Tasks using the following format:

* Item - Type: 1 | Contains: 1 | Name: z4main | Id: 610c4924f2902b52667e5abb | Created: 05 August 2021 08:25:06 PM
* Item - Type: 1 | Contains: 2 | Name: z4main | Id: 610c4924f2902b52667e5abc | Created: 05 August 2021 08:25:06 PM
* Item - Type: 1 | Contains: 4 | Name: z4main_wp2 | Id: 610c4924f2902b52667e5ad3 | Created: 05 August 2021 08:25:06 PM
* Item - Type: 1 | Contains: 16 | Name: z4main | Id: 610c4924f2902b52667e5ac7 | Created: 05 August 2021 08:25:06 PM
 With that being said, we will be adding this functionality to our Restore Logs as well. Please note that since users are able to select different snap dates for each Backup Item, we must display the snap date of EACH snap item selected. The type of snap can be identified by its "Contains" value which is defined here: Backup Contains. We expect this update to be available on the next version release within the next 1 - 3 months. Please let us know if you have any questions or additional feedback.  

Thank you for your continued patience,

Richard, JetApps Team

photo
photo

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your continued patience!

We are excited to announce the release of JetBackup v5.2.0 on the EDGE Tier! This release includes more detailed logging information for Restore Processes. Like our Download Logs, the Restore Log will now include information about each Backup Item that was selected to restore. This will make it easier to find which snap date users selected when performing restores.

20c0a4dd8ce4434bebca9cef273f807b

If you have any questions regarding this feature, please reach out to our support team at support@jetapps.com or open a post on our forums at https://forum.jetbackup.com/.

Thank you,

The JetApps Team

Leave a Comment

Attach a file