Concurrent backup jobs with different destinations

DataServerPRO shared this idea 2 years ago
Completed

I wish I could run multiple backup jobs at the same time in JetBackup 5 to the same destination and different destinations

Best Answer
photo

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your continued interest in this feature, and just to further clarify, this can be achieved in JetBackup 5 with the use of Concurrent Backup Tasks and Queue Priority Groups and we are marking this feature request under "Completed - Needs Feedback" at this time.

In Jetbackup 5, the Queue utilizes a First in First out method in processing each task. It batches each task by its appropriate priority value across each Task Type (Backup, Restore, Download, Clone) and can simultaneously process tasks depending on the number of Concurrent Tasks set under Performance Settings.

Please refer to the following infographic below to get a better idea of this process:

JB5ConcurrentBackups1

Best Regards,

JetApps Team.

Replies (3)

photo

Hello,

Thank you for opening a new feature request. I would like to note that the Concurrent Backup Tasks setting in JetBackup 5 allows JetBackup to backup multiple accounts during a job in parallel. Multiple backup jobs that are queued will begin processing once a Concurrent Task becomes available. If there are more Concurrent Backup Tasks than remaining accounts on the processing backup job, then it is possible for Multiple Backup Jobs to be running at the same time.

We will be reviewing your request and provide updates accordingly. Please note that we utilize the voting system to gauge demand for new features. The more votes a request has, the more likely it will be up for consideration by our developers.

Thank you,

The JetApps Team

photo

Well... the voting system is for those that have tine, and will, to vote... Many won't even bother to create an account and will just wait got others to vote, or for the developers to finally implement a new cool feature.

I am sure many would like to have this functionality, and I bet it's just a minimal change to the JB code, easy to implement... so why waiting for years - cPanel and WHMCS being the worst example possible - to implement anything that is quite simple?

photo

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for voting and providing us with your feedback. Just to further clarify, you are able to set the number of Concurrent Backup Tasks (up to 10 parallel tasks) in JetBackup 5 and can be shared between multiple backup jobs.

As an example, if you have this setting set to 10 tasks, and Backup Job A is only processing 5 accounts, Backup Job B will be able to use the additional 5 forks to execute backups, which allows you to effectively run multiple backup jobs. Please do note that each fork created for concurrent restores/downloads/backups can use up to 100% CPU usage per core which is why we currently have it limited to a maximum of 10 tasks.

With that said, we'd be glad to hear what's specifically lacking with the Concurrent Backup Tasks setting for your use case.

I'd also like to add that on top of the voting system (which all feature requests are subject to), we also review the feedback we receive from our helpdesk and other channels to help us gauge demand for features.

Thank You,

JetApps Team

photo

i voted for this option because is not working like jetbackup 4, yes you can set concurrent jobs or concurrent backups jobs but in my case i have two backup jobs, one for the cpanel accounts and other for systemfiles, the backup job for cpanel accounts takes all the 10 concurrent jobs and the systemfiles backup job keeps wating for the accounts backup job to finish, almost 12 hours later.

photo

Hello Ludo,

Just to follow up on your specific use case, since JetBackup 5 batches each task by priority value, you may try to set your Directory Queue Priority Group at a higher priority relative to your accounts so that JetBackup processes your system files backups first.

You could of course further fine-tune JetBackup's behavior by assigning different priority groups for your accounts.

Thank you,

JetApps Team.

photo
photo

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your continued interest in this feature, and just to further clarify, this can be achieved in JetBackup 5 with the use of Concurrent Backup Tasks and Queue Priority Groups and we are marking this feature request under "Completed - Needs Feedback" at this time.

In Jetbackup 5, the Queue utilizes a First in First out method in processing each task. It batches each task by its appropriate priority value across each Task Type (Backup, Restore, Download, Clone) and can simultaneously process tasks depending on the number of Concurrent Tasks set under Performance Settings.

Please refer to the following infographic below to get a better idea of this process:

JB5ConcurrentBackups1

Best Regards,

JetApps Team.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file