Ability to restore cPanel account using full account backup

Sohail Ahmed shared this idea 2 years ago
Under Consideration

Hello,

As a web host, every time we get a new client, we have to migrate his websites to our server which is a very hectic task if it is a reseller account with n no. Of sites.

Hence, there should be a way where a customer can send full account backup using remote ftp feature in “backup” section of a cPanel and we as web host restore this backup using jetbackup rather than manually moving it to /home and restoring.

Users can send backup to /home/username folder and jetbackup should restore all the backup files under that account.

Also, there should be a way to arrange each backup in a sequence so that the reseller main account is restored first and then the clients.

I think this would be the most awaited feature as many times when a reseller wants to migrate a large whm account with many accounts you have to do it manually as they don’t have root access to directly migrate them.

Please consider this feature as I have been using jetbackup ever since the launch and this was the most awaited feature but wasn’t added.

Admin Note: See Arrange backups so that the reseller main account is restored first for split request.

Replies (1)

photo

Hello Sohail,

Thank you for opening a new Feature Request and providing your feedback regarding JetBackup. From your post, I see two unique requests:

1. Users should be able to transfer the backup to a new server and have JetBackup restore all files under that account.

2. Add a way to arrange each backup in a sequence so that the reseller main account is restored first and then the clients.

In order to avoid any confusion, I will be splitting these requests into two separate posts. Request #1 will remain on this page and request #2 will be updated on this page: https://request.jetapps.com/topic/584-arrange-each-backup-in-a-sequence-so-that-the-reseller-main-account-is-restored-first

With regards to request #1, I would like to note that with JetBackup 5, users are able to download their JetBackup Backup from a previous host in the form of a .tar.gz file from their JetBackup 5 User Panel, then transfer this backup to the new server to be restored by the admin using the JetBackup 5 restorepkg tool. Through this method, you will be able to restore the account backup without the need of creating a Read-Only Destination to the original Backup Location. Please have a look and let us know if this method fulfills your request. Otherwise, kindly provide further details about your request so that our developers may accurately consider this feature request.

Best Regards,

Richard, JetApps Team

photo

Hello,

Thank you for your response. What I am requesting you is similar to restorepkgtool but with a GUI.

Restore and download page should have the option "Restore from a file path" from where we can manually select backups from /home/username path for example.

The request 2 which I had raised here is interlinked to the above scenario where the backup file which has higher imporatance should be restored first (Like a higher priority for WHM account).

However, for the request 2, It can be added to Queue page where we can arrange the priority of backups being restored.

photo

Hello,

Thank you for the additional information. I have passed your feedback over to our developers and they will review your request and provide updates accordingly. Please note that we utilize the voting system to gauge demand for new features. The more votes a request has, the more likely it will be up for consideration by our developers.

Best regards,

Richard, JetApps Team

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file