permissions

Ludo Lugo shared this idea 2 years ago
Completed

In jetbackup 4 we can disable restore permission for the full account backup, i think this should be in jetbackup 5 because we have problems with clients restoring full backup and loosing mails, so for us is better to disable restoring full backups and only enable downloads.

Replies (1)

photo

Hello Ludo Lugo,

Thank you for opening a new feature request! I would like note that in JetBackup 5, Admin Users can remove "Restore" Permissions for ALL or Specific End - Users. This can be achieved by going to JetBackup 5 -> Permissions and removed the permission "Can Restore Backups". When this permission is set to "NO" End Users will only be able to Download their Account Backups. You can find more information on the Available JetBackup 5 Permissions here: https://docs.jetbackup.com/v5.1/adminpanel/permissions.html

If this does not fulfill your request, kindly provide more information on the use case you are looking to achieve.

Best Regards,

JetApps Team

photo

Yes i saw that option but it disables the restore permissions for all the backups, i only want to disable it for full account backups, like in jetbackup 4

photo

Hello Ludo Lugo,

Thank you for providing your additional feedback. our developers and they will review your request and provide updates accordingly. Please note that we use the voting system to gauge demand for additional features. The more votes a request has, the more likely it will be up for consideration by our developers. If you have any further questions in the meantime, please let us know.

Thank you,

Richard, JetApps Team

photo

Hello,

We just wanted to follow up that with some changes on our Permission System, you can now disable restores and downloads for Users for specific Backup Items. As illustrated below for example, disabling the "Can Manage Full Backups" under Permissions in the Admin Panel, will remove the Full Backups option on the User Panel Dashboard.

aff5deb6b3b5cbfcde6491ef9b6ea1dd

If you have any further questions in the meantime, please let us know.

Thank you,
JetApps Team.

photo

Hello.

If you disable the "Can Manage Full Backups" option, the client will not be able to download a full backup of their account.

The idea is that the client can download a full backup but cannot restore it, as it was in Jetbackup 4.

Thank you.9f41d79209fd46c5d9476848a4d75cec

photo

Hello,

Just to clarify, with the current permissions in JetBackup 5 the best option, in this case, would be to set "Can Restore Backups" to No. However, doing this would disable restores for all backup items, rather than just full backups.

If you have any further questions or concerns please do not hesitate to reach out.

Thank you,

JetApps Team.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file