log selected files/databases/items for restore

Lucas Rolff shared this idea 2 years ago
Under Consideration

In JetBackup 5, there's no way for admins to see what files/databases/items the customer (or another admin) selected to restore. Even with debug logging enabled.

As a system administrator, I would like the list of selected backup items to be logged to the log for traceability/auditing.

JetBackup 4 has this.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello Lucas Rolff,

Thank you for providing your feedback. I would like to note that with the release of JetBackup v5.2, we added the "Selected Backup Items" to all Restore and Download logs. You can see an example of this in the Completed Feature Request: Logging the targeted restore date

This feature is still currently available on the EDGE tier with the most recent version JetBackup v5.2.2. You can expect this feature to be available on the STABLE tier within the next 1 - 3 months as we follow our standard release cycle of EDGE -> BETA -> STABLE with ~1 month in between each tier. For more information on the recent releases please visit our Release Notes and Changelog. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to our team at support@jetapps.com.

Best Regards,

JetApps Team

photo

It shows which snapshots are selected. That’s useless.

I want to know which specific folders and databases are selected.

If the customer selects restoring public_html/wp-content, and DB customer1_wp1

Then I want that to be written to the log file.

photo

Hello Lucas,

Thank you for providing your additional feedback. For Databases, it is possible to see the exact database chosen to be restored or downloaded. When looking at the Selected Backup Items The following information is displayed for each backup item:

1. Item Type (1 - Account, 2 - Directories)
  2. Contains Value (Each Backup Item has a Contains Value, check Backup Object for more info)
  3. Name (Name associated with Backup Item, For Database Backups, this is the name of the Database)
  4. Backup Item ID (Internal ID used for JetBackup)
  5. Created Date (Date the backup was created)

The following example is the logged information for a Database Restore of a test database ''test_db":

[12/Nov/2021 22:25:18 +0000] [PID 27555] Selected Backup Items:
[12/Nov/2021 22:25:18 +0000] [PID 27555] 	* Item - Type: 1 | Contains: 4 | Name: test_db | Id: 618da2307f17bd1629207ffd | Created: 11 November 2021 11:07:19 PM

I do however notice that Home directory backups do NOT clearly indicate any specific Files/Folders selected for restore or download. Instead, a Home directory backup restores, and downloads are indicated by just the name of the user.

I have passed your feedback to our developers and they will review your request and provide updates accordingly. Please note that we use the voting system to gauge demand for additional features. The more votes a request has, the more likely it will be up for consideration by our developers. If you have any further questions in the meantime, please let us know.

Thank you,

The JetApps Team

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file