Exclude "Trash/Draft/Spam" folders from Email backups

Santiago Gonzalez shared this idea 2 years ago
Completed

Hi, I would like to have the ability to exclude from mail backups, the Trash , Drafts and Spam folders, as we dont need that content to be backed up.

Thanks

Best Answer
photo

Hello everyone,

We're pleased to announce that we have now added the option to exclude trash/draft/spam folders from email backups with the release of JetBackup 5.3.0, now available on our newest ALPHA Tier!

Below is an image of the Create New Backup Job screen with the new Exclude Junk feature enabled:

ec2a0aa39eaeb59122d457dba2032536

For more information on the latest updates included in v5.3.0, please visit our changelog page with the following link:

Thank you for your continued support!

Best regards,
The JetApps Team

Replies (4)

photo

Hello Santiago,

Thank you for reaching out to our team regarding your request! Please do note that you do have the option to exclude specific folders from within your Backup Job Configuration Settings with the following option:

Directories and Files to Exclude

FYI The excludes option also supports path formats in the glob pattern and please note that the path(s) provided is relative to each account's home directory (/home/user*/).

Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything specific in your use case that you are unable to achieve with the option suggested above for our team to consider and we would greatly appreciate the feedback as well.

Best Regards,

The JetApps Team.

photo

Thanks for the reply. I was told that the mail backup is done separately from the files backups (it has its own queue).. so If I exclude something from there, it wont have effect on the mails backups.. right?

photo

Hello Santiago,

Thank you for following up! As you have mentioned, emails are backed up as a separate Backup Item, and excluding these folders via the Directories and Files to Exclude will not work in this case.

With that said, I have gone ahead and set this request back to "Under Consideration" at this time and will review your request with our developers and promptly provide an update here.

Thank you again for your cooperation!

Best Regards,

The JetApps Team

photo

Hello everyone,

We're pleased to announce that we have now added the option to exclude trash/draft/spam folders from email backups with the release of JetBackup 5.3.0, now available on our newest ALPHA Tier!

Below is an image of the Create New Backup Job screen with the new Exclude Junk feature enabled:

ec2a0aa39eaeb59122d457dba2032536

For more information on the latest updates included in v5.3.0, please visit our changelog page with the following link:

Thank you for your continued support!

Best regards,
The JetApps Team

Leave a Comment

Attach a file