Create backup in Tar or Zip files instead of sgbp file.

Mohammad Azim shared this idea 17 months ago
Completed - Needs feedback

I can not extract sgbp files of my backups using sgbp extractor, so I suggest better implementing tar or zip archive for backups, so we can extract the backup and restore manually if something goes wrong. And we can verify whether our backups are corrupted or not.

Best Answer
photo

Hello Everyone,

We are excited to announce that we are ramping up the development of the new JetBackup for WordPress plugin and are seeking beta testers to provide valuable feedback. Your input will help us expedite the public release and ensure the highest quality for our users. This version also includes generating backups as a tar archive rather than a sgbp format.

If you're interested in participating, please contact us at sales@jetapps.com to receive a development version of JetBackup for WordPress v3. No license is required for beta testing.

Thank you for your support!

Best regards,

The JetApps Team

Replies (5)

photo

Hello Mohammad Azim,

Thank you for opening a feature request! Our developers will review your request and provide updates accordingly. Please note that we use the voting system to gauge demand for additional features. The more votes a request has, the more likely it will be up for consideration by our developers.

Best Regards,

JetApps Team

photo

Overdue. This is my comment in the "User Wishes" (similar to requests) of the old BackupGuard Roadmap.

41dbbf95616cf3b987946e596ae77af1

photo

We have just started to test JetBackup, and one of the drawbacks is the lack of supporting .tar.gz/gzip and/or .zip format of the backups. Please look into this asap.

photo

Hi Everyone,

This is currently in progress, we have completed a successful POC for TAR integration.
We are expecting more news about it by the end of Q1 2024

photo

Great news! Do you expect a stable release supporting .gzip/zip during Q1? If yes, when will there be available an alfa or beta release? Thanks!

photo

We hope to start QA rounds by the end of Q1, you can open a support ticket with us with a link to this thread and I will contact you once we have a public alpha build.

Tar will support GZ compression, however, ZIP format is more problematic since we need to be able to support resumed operations, so our starting point will be Tar/gz for archiving & compressing

photo

.tar is fine IMHO since it's a universal format.

photo

Any news about this release.

photo

Hi,

Tar archiving (and compressing) was already implemented!

We are now at the phase of adding all the remote destinations, so far implemented GoogleDrive, OneDrive, SFP, pCloud & BOX

To get a dev version, please open support with us (no license needed).

Thanks!

photo
photo

Hello Everyone,

We are excited to announce that we are ramping up the development of the new JetBackup for WordPress plugin and are seeking beta testers to provide valuable feedback. Your input will help us expedite the public release and ensure the highest quality for our users. This version also includes generating backups as a tar archive rather than a sgbp format.

If you're interested in participating, please contact us at sales@jetapps.com to receive a development version of JetBackup for WordPress v3. No license is required for beta testing.

Thank you for your support!

Best regards,

The JetApps Team

Leave a Comment

Attach a file