Name your backups as you want, not using the give namen

ulf-richter shared this idea 2 months ago
Replied

JB names every backup in his own way. It would be better, if the user could choose the name of the backup by himself. If you manage more than one site and download the backup to a local storage, it's a mess to look for a specific backup.

My wish would be that I am able to name my backup in a way like

[date]-site[-[full / inkrementieal] Where date is set by the system or manually. Same for full or incremential.

Replies (1)

photo

Hello ulf-richter,

We greatly appreciate your continued support and interest for JetBackup! Just to clarify, the backups generated on the storage destination are named as such so that JetBackup's indexing engine can identify the data contained on the storage destination. For further insight, on the storage destination the backup directory may look similar to jetbackup_1_1_668ae77261472df59507b3b2/exampleAccount_876950a79b24b760e041090 . Breaking it down, the first directory indicates the backup job type and structure followed by the backup job ID. The second directory is the account name followed by the account ID. You are able to find these IDs by using JetBackup's API commands. Please refer to our documentation for more information on Backup Naming Convention.

Additionally, If the storage destination is LocalV2, then it utilizes JB's own proprietary backup structure, and the backups can be downloaded via JB in order to receive them in a human-readable format. If using Local (Legacy), the backups are already generated in a human-readable format. Please note that we do not recommend manually adjusting or removing the files/folders on the destination.

If you need to find a specific backup, it would be best to download or restore it via JB.

I hope this clears up any confusion about identifying your backups.

Best Regards,

The JetApps Team

Leave a Comment

Attach a file